Skunk 2 Pro Series Head Studs for the B16, B17, B18, K20, and K24 VTEC engines are manufactured from a premium grade 8740 chromoly steel that yields a tensile strength of 190,000 PSI!
Pro Series Head Studs are cold-forged for the best material strength, heat treated, and then thread rolled; increasing the stud and threads strength and fatigue resistance. Skunk 2 Pro Series Head Studs also feature a straight pointed section at one end, that is reduced in diameter, just below the first threads that allow the studs to completely bottom out in the block and pre-load the fastener in the block.
The hardware in these head stud kits include forged 12-point nuts and hardened parallel ground washers that even load distribution for accurate torque readings.
***Will NOT work with non-VTEC motors unless VTEC Head is Used***
· Universal Fit for B & K Series.
· Hex Broached for Easy Install.
· Premium Grade 8740 Chromoly.
· Cold-Forged & Heat Treated.
· 190,000 PSI Tensile Strength.
· Superior Rolled Threads.
· Black Oxide Coated for Corrosion Resistance.
· Dog-Point for Complete Seating & Pre-Loading.